Comic Fodder

Spiderman 3 Trailer Crawls The Web

Man...It’s hard coming up with titles for these posts.

So yesterday this bootleg, half-assed, shaky-cam version of the Spiderman 3 teaser trailer hits the Internet. It appears some jerk at an advanced screening video taped the teaser and then posted it online for the world to see. The Bigwigs at Sony swept in and removed the trailer from all of the major outlets and then a few hours later officially released the Spiderman 3 Teaser Trailer...officially!

If you haven't had a chance to see it yet go take a look and then come back...I'm going to discuss it in detail and I'd hate for you to read my boring analysis of it before you actually get to experience the awesomeness of this awesome teaser.

SPIDERMAN 3 TEASER TRAILER

Let's wait while they go view that....

...

Okay, you back? Need a minute? Yeah, me too.

Looks kick-ass, another amazing Spiderman movie for us to watch and watch on HBO and, eventually, cable for all time. This trailer confirms the long rumored (and badly kept secret) that, yes, VENOM is in the film. From the looks of things not only is he in it but also the Sandman and a Green Goblin or Hobgoblin of some kind.

Did you notice the shot in the trailer where Spiderman is ripping off the black suit in front of a large church bell?

AWESOME! The Venom costume react to the SONIC ENERGY (Thanks fountain of comic knowledge/giant dork David Kushner) created by those church bells. Supersonics...like that song...remember? It would play at the roller skating rink.... anyway....

How about that shot of the HUGE Sandman terrorizing New York City?

Did you see the goblin-looking person on the glider? Was it Harry or someone else?

Did you see Eric...er...Topher Grace? He looked angry and prepared to merge with a symbiote to get his revenge on Spiderman.

Did you see blonde and beautiful Gwen Stacey?

Did you see Mary Jane? Not to much of her but just enough to remind me of how good her breasts looks, drenched in the rain in that alley scene from the first film. Damn she's fine.

Will Spiderman 3 be better than Superman Returns? Only time will tell. I'll have a full Superman Returns review on Monday (I'm seeing it in glorious IMAX 3D this weekend). I can tell you, right now, I'm MOST excited to see that Spidey trailer project on the humongous IMAX screen.

So is Spider-Man definitely in the black? I didn't see Tobey's beautiful face when he was ripping off the costume. Of course, there were many scenes to make you THINK it's him, but I am not sure if surprises are in store (well I am sure they are... just not sure about that one).

Looks friggin' AWESOME though. So sad it's not out until May!

-- Posted by: Rachel at June 28, 2006 3:28 PM

I saw this trailer in the theater last night. I've never heard a preview get so many applause.

-- Posted by: dave at June 28, 2006 3:49 PM

Rachel- you are right. They do tease it to look like him when it's actually Eddie Brock (Topher).

-- Posted by: Shawn at June 28, 2006 4:59 PM

That's what I thought Shawn! I am semi-familiar with the comic book, although I am definitely no expert. It looks excellent... can't wait to see Thomas Haden Church as a very bad man...

-- Posted by: Rachel at June 28, 2006 5:58 PM

Church played a bad man in Demon Knight...the Tales from the Crypt movie they released a while back.

A line from that movie:

"HUMANS! Not worth the flesh you're printed on."

-- Posted by: shawn at June 29, 2006 6:03 AM

Looking back on the trailer and the Superman movie that followed, I almost wish I could have seen Spiderman that night. Not that Superman was good. It was good...and true to the original movies which almost in some ways was a disappointment.

About the trailer. we did see the inky black Venom material invading Spiderman's costume. And. playing the games I think that Venom eventaully becomes very large, purple, and has tentacles (but what do I know?)

I think the blonde in the movie is the third villian (Black Cat) that was to make an appearance in Spiderman 2 as well as did make an appearance in the XBox game based on the movie.

Anyhow, the movie looks good and it will be worth the wait.

-- Posted by: Jim Gleeson at June 30, 2006 10:31 AM

I read today that the BLack Cat was written out in favor of Gwen Stacy, because Kirsten Dunst may or may not do another one after part 3.

Just read that today...I'll try to remember the link.

By the way, welcome Jim. Glad you found your way to the Comic Fodder Blog. Please tell your friends and make lots of suggestions for how I can make this the most useful and informative comic blog on the internet.

Seriously...I want suggestions, comments and complaints.

-- Posted by: Shawn the D. at June 30, 2006 12:05 PM

Listen guys, When Venom gets on Eddie, He's Solid Purple with a White spider. The Shot with the bells is straight from the comics, and cartoons, Spider-man get "the Venom" and likes it at first then It makes him mean and violent, So he trys to get rid of it and can't. Then the Bell thing happens, and when he gets it off, Eddie is below, and it gets onto him. Which Makes him Venom.

See what some research and Comics can teach you. lol

-- Posted by: Dale at July 2, 2006 8:49 PM

Ok, here is a link to one of the cartoon versions of the venom saga. It clearly shows Venom in the bottom photos. thats the one when Eddie has venom, see Purple with White spider. The upper shots have Spidy with the venom, and look, Spider suit with black over it. Amazing!!!

Learning new things everyday. lol

-- Posted by: Dale at July 2, 2006 8:53 PM

Learning new things everyday. lol

-- Posted by: Bob/Dale at July 2, 2006 8:54 PM

Bob/Dale -

THanks for your comments. I'm familiar with the comic and cartoon versions of the Venom story. If this is a shot for shot remake then you may be correct, however, since NONE of Sam Raimi's Spidey films have been shot-for-shot remakes of the comics I'm not sure if things will play out in the move as it does in other mediums.

Keep reading and posting your comments. ALways glad to know people care what you're saying.

-- Posted by: Shawn at July 3, 2006 10:21 AM

Gear up for grub with a tripleheader of pigskin, including a meeting of brothers in Dallas. Everybody knows it's been a rough year for her, but find out who else had issues

-- Posted by: Iris at November 22, 2007 10:59 AM

-- Posted by: Jennifer at November 23, 2007 9:34 AM

-- Posted by: Jennifer at November 23, 2007 9:34 AM

-- Posted by: Betty at November 23, 2007 2:32 PM

-- Posted by: Betty at November 23, 2007 2:32 PM

aewdsa saf wefrasf adsf sdaf

-- Posted by: Jessica at January 28, 2008 12:50 PM

Sorry, but what is mariburjeka?

Jane.

-- Posted by: sweet-wq at March 26, 2008 4:13 AM

Sorry, but what is mariburjeka?

Jane.

-- Posted by: sweet-wq at March 26, 2008 4:14 AM

Sorry, but what is mariburjeka?

Jane.