"Lost" Moving to 10PM Wednesdays

We're going to have to wait a little longer to see the next episode of "Lost."

In a bid to protect "Lost" from the "American Idol" juggernaut, ABC has moved the show to 10PM Wednesdays, Reuters reports. "Idol," which attracts 1.8 billion viewers with every episode (estimated), premieres in January.

"Lost" returns on Feb. 7, 2007. -- mac

Thanks to Connie for the tip!

mac - I don't mind waiting en extra hour on Wednesday's for LOST. But if this also means waiting an extra hour for your recap, then I will forever curse American Idol and those who would choose to watch it during our time slot!

#1. Posted by: vacc at December 6, 2006 9:52 AM

On the other hand, it'll make the mad dash to get home from church on time on Wednesday nights a little less hectic.

#2. Posted by: Cecil Rose at December 6, 2006 12:04 PM

Well, this blows my opportunity to re-watch the episode right after it ends. I have a DVR and watch the live broadcast then watch it again and FF through the commercials. No way I'll be staying up to midnight now. Guess it will have to wait until Thursday evening... Oh well, at least I can read Mac's review before watching again to see what I missed. Still think it sucks... (pardon my language please - there's no good substitute for sucks, is there?)

#3. Posted by: BunnyLover at December 6, 2006 4:29 PM

If you want to stay happy dont read this.

10 pm?!?!?!?!?
American idol?!?!?
I need water.
No one other than Kelley an Clay has made it big.NO ONE
Lost beinng replaced by effing american idol?
Kill me now.

I have to get my kids to bed at 10
they're gonna hate me for putting them to bed earlier.

I feel so much better.

#4. Posted by: Kaseygirl at December 6, 2006 4:29 PM

If I'm being absolutely hawwnnnest, that was a god-awful performance, ABC!
Move Lost to 10? There's no way you deserve to move ahhnn after something like that! Paula, will you quit pinching me?

#5. Posted by: ButchM at December 6, 2006 4:57 PM

If I'm being absolutely hawwnnnest, that was a god-awful performance, ABC! Move Lost to 10? There's no way you deserve to move ahhnn to the next round after something like that! Paula, will you quit pinching me?

@ mac - are you sure about the 1.8 billion watchers of American Idol? There are only 300 million people in the United States.

#6. Posted by: ButchM at December 6, 2006 4:59 PM

well... as a fan of both shows... i'm totally psyched. i missed the wednesday edition of idol constantly last year (well not constantly, as LOST had all those annoying breaks). and nothing was worse than switching to idol during the commercials of "live together die alone," desperately hoping to find out the winner.

as those are the only two shows i watch, good job ABC.

as for the reviews, if they get postponed an hour too, i might have to start showing up for work an hour later than i already do. winter thursdays have been just as cold as winter wednesdays. miss ya dude

#7. Posted by: wolf at December 7, 2006 12:24 AM

I hate to wait until 10 p.m. because of American Idol. But in response to
Kaseygirl, Fantasia and Ruben are big stars on the R & B charts, and they are doing quite well since AI. February 7th can't get here fast enough for me.

#8. Posted by: Daphne Ingram at December 7, 2006 9:19 AM

@wolf: Although I'm not a fan of Idol, you have my respect - when given the tough choice, I'm proud that you made Lost a priority over that "other show".

But even if ABC hasn't LOST it's core fans to Idol, wolf makes a good point for ABC's move to 10pm. Since networks only create tv shows to get people to watch commercials, they make less $$ if viewers spend those precious minutes watching a show on another channel - or if people end up recording LOST to avoid missing Idol, then fast forward past the ads.

ABC will be happy to know that at 10pm on Wednesdays, they'll have our undivided attention!!

#9. Posted by: vacc at December 7, 2006 10:19 AM

Kaseygirl: Carrie Underwood sold the most albums in 2006. I know, I have never heard any of her songs either :)

As for the commercial/money aspect, let's remember that this will keep the show from being cancelled. What else will it be up against besides "CSI: NY"? And where did "Taye Diggs Groundhog Day" go already? They were showing "House" repeats this week!

#10. Posted by: PiecesofArzt at December 7, 2006 11:18 AM

I am sorry to admit that I have a hard time even staying awake until 10pm, so there is NO WAY I am going to stay up until 11pm. There just isn't anything to hold my interest that late.

At least I have a dvr, and no more will I have to sit through the endless commercials because they'll be fast forwarded. But, I'll have to wait that much longer to read mac's reviews.

I vote to move it to 8pm!!! What's "American Idol" ??? :)

#11. Posted by: meg at December 7, 2006 12:46 PM

I just hope the producers STOP looking for a new audience... First they throw in stupid Paulo and Nicki for new viewers... now they start the show an hour later in hopes viewers will watch Lost after Idol.

like i said another thread.... 10:00pm is not prime time.... It's bed time.

ABC will realize that it was a huge mistake... just like Daybreak

#12. Posted by: middies at December 8, 2006 6:31 PM

OK!
I GET IT!

But still, come on Carie Underwood? fantasia?
Ruben? I bet Weird Al sold more albums, no ofence to all yall idols.(ok maybe a litte)

All im saying is I'm pissed. Is that so wrong?
Isn't that the true meaning of Christmas?

@ Meg
American Idol is a show with a bunch of retards who sing and there fellow retards vote who sings better
Sound fun?

#13. Posted by: Kaseygirl at December 9, 2006 12:34 AM

LOL -- guess I'm a retard then. I've watched every season of "Idol" ;) -- mac

#14. Posted by: mac at December 9, 2006 10:25 AM

nah mac, you're just like me - I've watched it all as well....fooled ya! :)

#15. Posted by: meg at December 10, 2006 11:15 AM

Deep breaths, everybody!
It's going to be ooooooookaaaaaaaaaay!

Look, they didn't pull the plug on our beloved Losties...they just made the fevered anticipation highten just a little bit more every Wednesday by waiting that extra hour! And frankly, I say thank you to ABC....at least we have something to "talk" about in our forum now!

Happy and healthy holidays to everyone from the SILLIEST Lost fan this side of Giants Stadium.

#16. Posted by: Sillygirl0630 at December 11, 2006 8:20 AM

If we need something to talk about, does anybody else watch Jericho? I know it's a pretty blatant rip-off of Lost and the mysteries are outweighed by the soap operaness relationships but it made for a great lead-in to Lost.

#17. Posted by: PiecesofArzt at December 11, 2006 10:58 AM

Doesnt everyone have tivo yet it is an amazing thing you can actual record two programs and watch one all at the same time its great
and best buy is actualy running a special where its free after you send in for the rebate
i would recomend it to anyone

#18. Posted by: mrs boogan hoogan at December 11, 2006 4:30 PM

SHIOT!

Curse american idol

#19. Posted by: forever_lost at December 13, 2006 8:51 PM

In another Lost-related scheduling move, ABC has announced the cancellation of Daybreak - the interim Lost replacement. I'd kind of gotten into Daybreak and was relying on ABC to keep its promise to wrap of the complicated story-line in the Lost hiatus period. Foolish me. Now we'll never find out the ending the authors planned (unless they NBC/Kidnapped-like release the remaining episodes free on the web, a promise NBC's sticking to. Apparently. So far.

#20. Posted by: Cecil Rose at December 18, 2006 7:15 PM

must yield to their prejudices, and, in order to preserve the love me or hate me myspace layouts establishment of the bounty, seems to deserve no part of the jevbuaumpp

#21. Posted by: Lillie at March 29, 2008 7:10 AM

money. Money, like wine, must always be scarce with those who create your own layout for myspace What is called a bounty, is sometimes no more than a drawback, pkkqjxvgcf

#22. Posted by: Lillie at March 29, 2008 6:06 PM