Lost Caption: On the Road to Shambala

Few LOST episodes had such a polarizing effect on fans as Season Three's Hurley-centric "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead".

Some - myself included - really enjoyed this lighter, character-driven episode... Still there were some who criticized this episode as being trivial filler that in no way advanced the storyline or the mythology of the show... right here on mac's blog, in fact, someone wrote:

This episode did not add to the plot at all .It is by far the worst episode ever. And Im beginning to think that the writers are completly lost . Take it up a notch its getting boring .

Well, that's always sound advice, so this week I'm taking it up a notch with the LOST Caption.. I'll take one of the captions submitted for this week's memorable LOST moment and add it to the photo - permanently immortalizing the winning entry! The winning caption will be chosen mostly on the basis of your votes - so even if you don't have the perfect caption, vote for the one that you think should win..

I know I've been slacking in getting up new Photo Captions.. Just so everyone knows when the next one is coming, here is the very first Next Photo Caption Countdown..

Countdown to The Next Lost Photo Caption

The countdown to the season 4 opener can still be found on last week's caption page. I'll update that when the actual date and time are confirmed, and then I'll begin including it with future caption posts.

Post your caption(s), cheesy puns, or other LOST ramblings through the comments area at the bottom of the page. Namaste!

Congratulations to Trinity for being the winner of this week's prize.

On the strength of two entries that recieved votes, this week's picture has been updated with Trinity's captions - popup-video style!!

Just click on each of the LOST numbers to view the award winning dialog.

For this java game / applet, visit http://www.wyka-warzecha.com for more information.

Hurley Haiku "...no dude, really, the letter in his wallet sounds like the song - The Road to Shambala. The lyrics go...

Wash away my pain,
On the road to the death pit,
Walt will save the day.

We need to get his to Locke. Beer me."

#1. Posted by: MorBid0 at October 17, 2007 6:49 PM

Hurley: Sawyer, if you wanna play "Redneck House" you have to be the mother this time. I did it last time, now it's your turn.

Sawyer: C'mon, Hurley! You look way more feminine than I do.

Hurley: Dude, remember you promised me last time that I'd get to play the dad next. You pinky swore!

Sawyer: But it just makes more sense for you to do it. No one would ever mistake me for a woman, Hurley...or should I say 'Shirley?'

Jin: (says something in Korean)

Hurley: Dude, babies aren't s'posed to talk.

#2. Posted by: Trinity at October 17, 2007 11:59 PM

Soooo... what you're saying, dude, is, if I have a Dharma Slimfast for breakfast and lunch for three weeks, I can look like Roger here?

#3. Posted by: Danny at October 18, 2007 2:00 AM

Hurley: "Jin...why are you taking a crap right in front of us?"

#4. Posted by: Red...Neck...Man at October 18, 2007 11:09 AM

Hurley: Look dude, I don't care how long it's been for you...necrophelia is still wrong!

#5. Posted by: JoePike at October 18, 2007 12:30 PM

Hurley: "No way? I say way... We CAN fix this thing up and paint it just like the van in Scooby-Do. You can be Shaggy and Jin here can be Scrappy-Do. Look at him. When I said 'sit', he sat. Plus he knows just about as much English as Scrappy. Hey, give me one of the those Dharma snacks. Let's see if I can get him to balance it on his nose."
Sawyer: "Whatever Daphne!"
Jin: "ROOBIE-ROO!"

#6. Posted by: DocH at October 18, 2007 2:31 PM

"Does this skeleton remind you of anyone? He looks so familiar ... that distant gaze, those buggy eyes, the pungent stank of latent megalomania."

#7. Posted by: mac at October 18, 2007 2:55 PM

Hurley: "Hey Sawyer, you red... neck... man... Here's your very own red... neck... van... dude."

#8. Posted by: BunnyLover at October 18, 2007 3:34 PM

Mixing shows:

"He's dead, Jim."

#9. Posted by: Cecil Rose at October 19, 2007 11:57 AM

"So the vote to fix the van is three to one."

"It's creepy that Roger voted, Dude."

#10. Posted by: Cecil Rose at October 19, 2007 11:59 AM

"There are some things that even beer can't cure, Dude."

#11. Posted by: Cecil Rose at October 19, 2007 12:00 PM

Dudes! Who's for a game of CSI: The Island? Dib's on being Horatio!

#12. Posted by: Danny at October 19, 2007 12:42 PM

"You just wait till the finale Dude, then you'll think that starting this van was a good idea!"

#13. Posted by: Capcom at October 19, 2007 12:55 PM

Sawyer: Hey - ah - fellahs, look at this growth I have. It all started when that damn Ana Lucia molested me. I bet she's what got to Roger.

#14. Posted by: ANTP? at October 19, 2007 1:47 PM

CSI: The Island.
I like it. They can change the theme song lyrics from 'The Who' singing
"who are you? ewh, ewh, ewh, ewh."
TO
"where are we? ewh, ewh, ewh, ewh."

#15. Posted by: TanziTwo at October 19, 2007 1:55 PM

Put a little make up on it, fix this thing up, hell yea it looks good, Libby's dead man!!

#16. Posted by: meg at October 19, 2007 7:04 PM

Roger: "Hey guys, does this DHARMA jumpsuit make me look fat? HA! Seriously, though, someone toss me a beer...and a mop."

#17. Posted by: Trinity at October 19, 2007 9:13 PM

I keep trying to come up with a caption, but Trinity's first one makes me giggle like a school boy and I can't come up with anything.

Nicely done, Trinity.

#18. Posted by: trexl at October 20, 2007 2:27 AM

I know they said that filming in Hawaii is too expensive, but they should reconsider how they're cutting corners. They could at least have hired an unknown actor to play Roger instead of just propping up a skeleton!

#19. Posted by: FenwayBen at October 20, 2007 12:05 PM

(after a six-pack or two we learn that Hugo isn't his usual jolly self but a mean-spirited drinker).

Hurley to Sawyer: "I double dare ya dude! Pop the skull off... flip it over... pour some beer in it... then drink it." "I'm telling Kate you're a woos. She'd do it!" "You're not so tough without your 9 mil pistol are you?" "I said are you?... BEE-YOTCH!"

(Sawyer hangs his head, closes his eyes and sighs, thinking no more growlers for you Pillsbury).

#20. Posted by: MorBid0 at October 20, 2007 1:21 PM

Hurley:
“Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala”

Sawyer:
“Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
With the rain in Shambala”

Jin:
“How does your light shine,
In the halls of Shambala”

Hurley: Take it, Roger!

Dead Guy:
“Ah, ooh, ooh, oooooh, ooh, oo-ooh, yeah,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah”

#21. Posted by: Clementine at October 20, 2007 1:42 PM

Hurley: We really need those keys.

Sawyer: Short straw searches the corpse, Hoss.

Hurley: But dead people freak me out!
(looks at Jin…)

Jin: El negativo, Stay Puff.

Hurley: Damn.

#22. Posted by: Clementine at October 20, 2007 1:44 PM

On the next Arrested Development...

George Michael sells the banana stand and, in a desperate attempt to get his father’s attention, gains 300 pounds, steals a van and runs away from home, only to discover his Uncle Gob hiding in back after a failed attempt to launch Buster as the human cannonball in his magic act.

Jin: Ann-yong!

#23. Posted by: Clementine at October 20, 2007 1:48 PM

I vote for "the pungent stank of latent megalomania," a.k.a Mac-Daddy #7

#24. Posted by: Clementine at October 20, 2007 1:52 PM

James: Alright Jabba... I'm Stan, Jin here is Kyle and you are Kenny. So what the frap do we do here with 'Kenny'?

Hugo: We stand around and keep saying "You killed Kenny... you bastards!"

James: Not gonna work dude... Katie-kins is back at the tent, carving me up some sweet island-BBQ pig.

Hugo: I don't give a flying fug-ow-wee. I am worth over 150 million bucks. I'll get you all of the B-B-Q you need - for the rest of your life - if you play along with my South Park fantasy for another 30 minutes.

James: Alright... 'oh my god - you bastards - you killed Kenny'. How was that?

Jin: I'h be she bee da... mo-go peck po-ge da...

#25. Posted by: ANON2 at October 21, 2007 1:57 AM

Look, dudes, it's the winner of last season's, "So You Want to be a Runeway Model'"

#26. Posted by: bcre8ve at October 22, 2007 2:51 PM

"Oh,Fahrvergnuegen!"

#27. Posted by: green at October 23, 2007 4:05 PM

Jin: 이렇게 막대기안에 이 3명의 녀석 있고 너의 머리에 저 오리는?"이는 무엇 그들의 한개은," 말한다 그리고 너의 아내."이는 오리가 고 웨이터는," 말한다,

Hurley and Sawyer: "Ha, Ha. Good one, Jin!

Roger: "I don't get it."

#28. Posted by: davidrh at October 23, 2007 4:49 PM

"Dude....We've had these tickets for months! I brought the beer, Sawyer brought the subs, and all Jin had to do was bring the football! How are we supposed to tailgate without a f#@%ing football?!?!"

#29. Posted by: Sillygirl0630 at October 23, 2007 7:49 PM

"I'm not giving him mouth-to-mouth, you give him mouth-to-mouth."

#30. Posted by: bcre8ve at October 24, 2007 10:55 AM

On the Road to Shambalost

#31. Posted by: bcre8ve at October 24, 2007 2:55 PM

Dang! Judging by the damage done to this van, it looks like Locke got to it before we did!

#32. Posted by: bcre8ve at October 24, 2007 3:04 PM

"Loststock or BUST!!"

#33. Posted by: Trinity at October 24, 2007 5:34 PM

--20 MorBid0
"(Jin is just daydreaming about food - wondering if he can get rice & veggies with his dog)."

So that's what happened to Vincent1

#34. Posted by: Crispy Seaplanes at October 25, 2007 4:04 PM

→ 34. CSP
Yeah, poor Vincent got a little too demanding re: his salary, rerun residuals and back end points for syndication and non-theatrical release (DVD, etc...).

So Cuse and Lindelof wrote him onto the barbecue. Storyline? - Locke killed off all of the wild pigs, Claire couldn't catch/fix a seagull to save her life and Charlie didn't tell anyone where he hid his stash - so now EVERYONE wants food - see ya Vincent.

Also, Jin is sick of a lifetime of fish and thinks Vincent will taste just like the 'street meat' he tried in Thailand. He knows Sun can provide the veggies because she is the only one of 40+ hungry mouths that has made the slighest effort to provide for themselves in the past 3 months since the crash. The only thing that bothers Jin is that is that the Dharma rice is called "Cousin Ben's" - one minute perverted rice - and it has a picture of a familiar bugged-eyed caucasian freak on the box.

Jin would settle for a nice bowl of Crispy Seaplanes cereal, if Hurley hadn't scarfed the last 24 boxes of it. Hurley's fiber-tastic bowel movement is the S4E3 story where the island shakes like a volcanic 7.5 earthquake, with associated Tsunami. (I here the rescue (invasion) freighter flips over because of it).

#35. Posted by: MorBid0 at October 26, 2007 12:49 AM

i guess he couldnt hold on til season 4 of lost came back.

this is taking forever!!!!

#36. Posted by: max at October 26, 2007 4:09 PM

OT ... now that Daniel Dae Kim has been busted for DUI, will he be the next survivor booted off the island?

#37. Posted by: Drew at October 26, 2007 10:18 PM

SORRY VACC, I forgot we were supposed to vote . . . as did everyone else, it appears. So, since nobody has asked for the translation of Jin's (actually written in) Korean joke, I'll have to put MY VOTE in for:

"So the vote to fix the van is three to one."

"It's creepy that Roger voted, Dude."
→ 10. Posted by: Cecil Rose at October 19, 2007 11:59 AM

So, that's ONE vote from me.

If you vote for somebody else, it's a tie. At that point, DarrellAnn would win by default . .

#38. Posted by: davidrh at October 27, 2007 11:46 PM

@davidrh #38 - yes, i do want to see the translation of Jin's Korean joke. I pasted it into Babelfish's Korean->English translator and ended up with :
-----------------------------
To be like this there is a guy of these 3 people inside the stick and the writing it cuts into strips in your head? "What their one thing talks" and your wife." The waiter "talks Jing O Ri
------------------------------

And just like poor Roger Workman, I just didn't get it.

#39. Posted by: vacc at October 28, 2007 10:24 AM

Jin: smell... bad!

Sawyer: Don't look at me crouching tiger. It was Orca's bright idea to trade Ben's daddy for Claire's brother.

Hurley: It's only been a month. Let's give him one more week.

Roger: I told you that no good, bug-eyed kid of mine would rather see me die and rot first.

Hurley: See? One more week should do it!

#40. Posted by: vacc at October 28, 2007 11:14 AM

Dude, I thought people only worked themselves to death when working on fords..Poor Roger..

#41. Posted by: Doug T. at October 28, 2007 3:24 PM

My top two vote getters (in no particular order) for this caption contest are:

→ 3. Danny: The Dharma slimfast diet (original/creative)

→ 17. Trinity: Jumpsuit make me look fat? "and a mop" slayed me.(noir humor)

-------
honorable mention goes to
→ 40. vacc and Sawyers' "crouching tiger" ref. to Jin. (I guess now that he has his Hawaiian DUI merit badge, we are going to have start referring to him as GIN.)

#42. Posted by: MorBid0 at October 28, 2007 8:56 PM

"Anyone Notice The Van?"

#43. Posted by: BunnyLover at October 28, 2007 10:43 PM

@ ANTP - You know I totally thought of the above caption because of you... Thanks.

Oh, and thanks to higher security at work, I can no longer even view anything on filmfodder, so guess you guys will have to put up with my drunken stuper posts from home. Thanks work Nazis...

Oh again, hey MorBid0 - I hope you will consider my above post in your tally of best captions.

To all, I remain, your ever lovin, Ben hatin, where the heck is Vincent, please stop the bunny hatin, Nikki was a beeotch anyway, BunnyLover...

#44. Posted by: BunnyLover at October 28, 2007 10:51 PM

Hey Vacc

I wondered what the translation would be if it were sent the other way thru babelfish. This is hilarious. No wonder we haven't been able to invent WORLD PEACE yet!!!! All those poor beauty pageant queens . . give up girls, it's a lost cause.

Anyway, here's the original "mixed up joke" I put into babelfish:

Three guys walk into a bar and one says to the waiter, "Who was that duck I saw you with last night?" and the waiter says, "That was no duck, that was your wife!"

Wasn't supposed to be funny, just stupid . . and translated into Korean. So, 2 out of 3 isn't bad!

And note to BunnyLover: Loved the "anyone notice the diapers" in the next blog. Actually reading that reminded me to look back at this one. Sorry about the office Nazis . . . Just call it, "in depth research" . . that seems to always work in government offices!

or is that "in debt research? . . " Oh no, that would be RedNeckMan's job at the bank . . .

Wow, we're in trouble all over, aren't we? I think I'll go stick my head under the pillow again and not come out till 2008 . . .

Have a good week everybody.

DAVID

#45. Posted by: Davidrh at October 29, 2007 7:13 AM

okay - one last one.

Hurley: "On the Road to Jam-ba-lay-a".

Sawyer: (ala Seinfeld) "Hold on NEWMAN - that's Sham-ba-la".

→ 43/44. Sorry BL: Long time bunny lover, first time caller. Your pillow-hidin', booze-addled comments (like mine) did not make top 5. CR, DRH, VACC, RNM all rule our roost. I also hear that JIN is now being called GIN by his cast-mates... hope ABC/Disney Domestic can see a way to keep him on set to the end (morals clause?).

#46. Posted by: MorBid0 at October 30, 2007 2:43 PM

Jin: (under his breath... in fluent Korean) "oh man, this 30 year old beer really pulled the pin on my poop grenade".

Sawyer: "Hey Tonto... you feelin' okay"

Jin: (slightly louder... in fluent Korean) "no, this stuff totally stepped on the trip-wire to my CRAPMORE mine".

Hurley: "Dude... you don't look so good".

Jin: (robustly in broken English)
"What I say is that - lousy beer here has squeezed my sh*t trigger - whatever you do - do not let me drive that POS VW Van back to crew quarters! Five-Oh is always out to bust us non-islanders."

#47. Posted by: DocH at November 9, 2007 12:48 AM