LOST Caption: One day this will all be yours!

The long wait is nearly over! Only to go until Season Four!! (mac, can't wait to have you back!)

For the final LOST Photo Caption before season four kicks off, we revisit Ben's arrival on the Island from his flashback episode "The Man Behind The Curtain". Turns out he wasn't born on the island after all as he claimed, but in the woods near Portland. His daddy (the skeleton formerly known as Roger Workman) had been recruited to the island to be a Dharma Initiative Janitor. In this memorable scene, Roger and young Ben Linus are greeted by Horace Goodspeed - the good samaritan driver who stumbled upon the Linus family in those terrible moments between Ben's birth and the untimely passing of his mother, Emily.

Submit your captions, comments, and other LOST ramblings in the comment area below. Namaste!

Young Ben, Roger Workman, and Horace Goodspeed

flipendo!! welcome to hogwards harry!, i mean ben!

#1. Posted by: luuk at January 25, 2008 11:52 AM

Horace: What was that about strangers? . . . Don't you worry about that, your Dad and I have known each other since you were born.
Speaking of, "Dad", isn't it time you go off to fill the fishbiscuit bin? I'm just going to take young Ben off to show him my "hatch".

#2. Posted by: ANTP? at January 25, 2008 1:29 PM

"And the high school has an outstanding Quiddich team,,,"

#3. Posted by: Cecil Rose at January 25, 2008 2:32 PM

"Forget it, what's one black cloud on such a beautiful day..."

#4. Posted by: Cecil Rose at January 25, 2008 2:34 PM

"I understand you're the first person to do the sub without a trank."

#5. Posted by: Cecil Rose at January 25, 2008 2:36 PM

"Don't worry, this camp is impregnable, I guarantee it."

#6. Posted by: Cecil Rose at January 25, 2008 2:38 PM

"And the island girls - ho-ho-ho-ho - makes me wish I was young and single again..."

#7. Posted by: Cecil Rose at January 25, 2008 2:39 PM

"Our motto here is 'A life of service to others.'"

#8. Posted by: Cecil Rose at January 25, 2008 2:43 PM

Roger (to greeting party):

"Nice to meet you Clarence... Victor."

Horace (to Ben):

"Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

"Did ya ever hang around a gymnasium?"

"Do you like movies about gladiators?"

"Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Ben (to himself):

"I am going to like it here."

#9. Posted by: MorBid0 at January 25, 2008 2:46 PM

@ MorBidO/#9: "Have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

That was the first thing that I thought of, too! Damn, now I gotta think of a new one!

#10. Posted by: Trinity at January 25, 2008 4:07 PM

Horace: "I promise you Ben, you'll see things on this Island that'll make your eye's bug out!"

#11. Posted by: vacc at January 25, 2008 7:58 PM

Horace: If you're a good boy, study hard and listen to your elders, someday you could rule this island, Ben.

Ben: You mean like King Moonracer from the Island of Misfit Toys, sir?

Horace: Er...more like "Papa Doc" Duvalier.

#12. Posted by: Clementine at January 25, 2008 11:07 PM

Roger:
So, Horace, tell me more about these career opportunities... I see myself as real management material, ready to climb that Dharma corporate ladder, ya know... no more blue-collar, dirty hands, uniform-wearing flunky jobs for me... and a company car would be great, too...

Ben: “De plane! De plane!”

Roger:
Don’t mind the boy. Too much TV. That’s why I brought him along. This island should give him a good dose of reality.

#13. Posted by: Clementine at January 25, 2008 11:20 PM

Horace: "This dock here is called the Green Mile...wait, no....."

#14. Posted by: Red...Neck...Man at January 28, 2008 10:37 AM

No, no ... up THERE .. in the trees! It's the only television around for 3,000 miles. And in just 3 days, season 4 of LOST begins.

#15. Posted by: ButchM at January 28, 2008 4:21 PM

Horace:
Ben, I want you to feel like this island is your island.

Ben: Really, my own island, I'll do my best to make it my own!!

Side note for all the lost junkies, does anyone remember how many review episodes Lost did last year? I can think of three, one before Season 3 started which had Ben as the narrator, one between episodes six and seven called “Lost, A Survivors Guide” and then one before the last episode called “Lost, the Answers”.

“Lost, A Survivors Guide” and “Lost, the Answers” were narrator by two the Producers.

#16. Posted by: micHael at January 29, 2008 9:12 AM

Hey Vacc, I meant to ask you. Your title of this blog, "One day this will all be yours!" . . . did you get that from Dane Cook? Just wondering if I have a fellow Dane fan in here.

#17. Posted by: ANTP? at January 29, 2008 3:46 PM

looks like weve got a perfect young man for the role of Harry in our Harry Potter Renactment Club!

im more of a Lord of the Rings guy...

#18. Posted by: kaseygirl106 at January 29, 2008 5:10 PM

@ ANTP?

i LOVE dane cook!

was the 'one day this will all be yours' thing from the one where he was talking about naming his kid optimus prime?

#19. Posted by: kaseygirl106 at January 29, 2008 5:15 PM

Horace: well, cole, maybe if you LISTEN to the ghosts they'll go away. Help them with their problems.

Ben: Okay, bruce willis. What happened to your hair?

#20. Posted by: forever_lost at January 29, 2008 5:47 PM

Horace: According to the resume you posted on smokemonster.com, I'd say you're destined for upper-management here some day, Ben!

Roger: If he takes my red Dharma stapler, I'll set the barracks on fire.

#21. Posted by: Trinity at January 29, 2008 9:02 PM

Young Ben: "NO... I am not against dentists... I just think they should have their own schools."

Horace: "So you are an anti-dentite... you're a rabid anti-dentite Benjy."

#22. Posted by: DocH at January 29, 2008 11:41 PM

@ kaseygirl106
I like the Optimus Prime bit, but this line is from the one where he is talking about the robe that his Dad wears, and how it's really short, like a cocktail skirt, and how it is so old and dingy, it doesn't even look like it is made out of cloth anymore, but rather, it looks like it is made out of wheat.

And then he says that one morning, when he was a young kid, his dad was at breakfast with this robe on, and he lifted his leg to put his foot on the stool. And Dane got a flash of his dad's "cash and prizes", and his Dad noticed that Dane was looking, and he said to him . . .

"One day, this will all be yours!!"

Hilarious.

#23. Posted by: ANTP? at January 30, 2008 7:42 AM

PROGRAMMING NOTE: ABC is showing the season finale tonight (Wednesday) at 8pm CST.

#24. Posted by: PiecesofArzt at January 30, 2008 9:00 AM

#25. Posted by: PiecesofArzt at January 30, 2008 9:00 AM

SamFin Present and accounted for and ready for SEASON 4 !

#26. Posted by: SamFin at January 30, 2008 3:15 PM

I was so peeved with that F'ing 'VH1 Pop-Up Video' thingy last night....I kept saying to myself, "I already know all of this crap because of mac's LOST blog!!!!"

Also, my girlfriend started to notice something...she said that since we've been going out for 5mo's that she really hasn't seen me watch LOST before...our relationship was pre-LOST. She said, 'are you different when you watch LOST?'...my response: "Does Paulo shit in the woods?"..followed by "AAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

#27. Posted by: Red...Neck...Man at January 31, 2008 11:36 AM

@ RNM

Please say that your girl is a fan of LOST as well?

I have a problem thinking that the winner of our prestigious "he who is always last" award who go so far as to bring another into his home without first confirming her LOST fan-dom.

#28. Posted by: ANTP? at January 31, 2008 1:00 PM

I agree with RNM in that the pop-up thingies were annoying, however, some of them quite funny. I also had to stay up late and watch Jimmy Kimmel cause right at the end of last night's LOST finale the voiceover guy said "stayed tuned for more inside scoop and behind the scenes, blah blah blah, on J..." He said "J" and I didn't know if it was Jay Leno or Jimmy Kimmel or what. So did I go to bed? NOOOooooo. Stayed up way past my bedtime to see what they revealed. Only a cutting room floor scene between Juliette and Sawyer. Fun part was the interviews Jimmy did with the LOST cast on location a while back. He and Charlie even sang a LOST theme song that was pretty funny. Oh well, just rambling and waiting for TONIGHT!!!

P. S. Good luck to RNM's girlfriend. If she sticks with him after she's seen him watch LOST, she's probably a keeper!

#29. Posted by: BunnyLover at January 31, 2008 2:52 PM

ROGER: Hey, don't hug Ben so close. You'll make his eyes pop out.

(Ok, ok, I know it was lame, but I had to post something today)

HAPPY LOST DAY EVERYBODY!

#30. Posted by: bcre8ve at January 31, 2008 4:19 PM

Horace : (whispers) Your father thinks I recruited him for his special... um... .. skills.. (they both laugh) But it was really you that I was after, Ben.

Ben : You like small boys?

Horace : Oh no! What I meant is that you're a very special young boy. And this.. Island.. is a very special place.

Ben : What's so special about me?

Horace : The day you were born, I saw the results of the blood tests they did on you and your mother. Your midichlorian count was off the charts.

Ben : You mean? ... You mean I'm a Jedi?

Horace : Not yet young Linus. First you must learn the ways of the Island from the great Jedi-Master Jacob.

Ben : Then I'll be a Jedi?

Horace: No. You must then betray and imprison Jacob, turn to the dark side of the Island, and become the apprentice of Smokey-Gon-Jinn.

Ben : Is that all?

Horace : I'm afraid not. You must also
murder your father, and then face the most powerful Jedi Master.. Obi-Locke! But remember young Benjamin, only after you have killed your father will your powers be complete.

Roger : HEY! I'm standing right here!

Horace : These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Roger : These aren't the droids I'm looking for..

Horace and Ben : (laugh)

#31. Posted by: vacc at January 31, 2008 6:47 PM

Note: Due to the high volume of spam postings for this caption entry (over 300 so far), no new submissions will be accepted for this photo.

#32. Posted by: vacc at April 14, 2008 6:36 PM