LOST Caption: R.I.P. Ethan Rom

For this edition of the LOST Photo Caption, we've dug up this precious moment from Season One's "Outlaws".  Charlie and Hurley draw burial detail for Ethan "I'm not on the manifest" Rom.

Let's give Ethan a big LOST Blog sendoff - with some captions that'll leave him laughing and rolling in his grave... or perhaps with a little eulogy if you'd prefer to say a few words about the dearly departed.

We're closing in on the start of LOST Season Five.  Once again, here's the official

Countdown to LOST: Season 5

Post your captions, comments, or any other LOST ramblings below this week's photo.

On behalf of the DeGroots, Alvar Hanso, and all of us here at the Lost Blog - thank you, Namasté, and good luck

burying ethan

As God is my witness, dude. As God is my witness, they’re not going to lick me! I’m going to live through this and when it’s all over, I’ll never be hungry again! No, nor any of my folk! If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I’ll never be hungry again!!

Hey, man, that’s not a carrot, so don’t even go there. And you just had a double cheesy Dharma burger half an hour ago.

#1. Posted by: Clementine at December 29, 2008 6:29 PM

"Bury hinm quick! His hand's bigger than my head now!"

#2. Posted by: Cecil at December 29, 2008 7:12 PM

"If that 'House' guy was on the island, I bet he could bring him back."

#3. Posted by: Cecil at December 29, 2008 7:14 PM

By the way, Vacc, it's "EThan".

#4. Posted by: Cecil Rose at December 29, 2008 7:15 PM

"Manifest, schmanifest, I stll liked him better that Frogurt."

#5. Posted by: Cecil at December 29, 2008 7:17 PM

"I thought we should have let him keep Emily - drives the 'whine' level way down."

#6. Posted by: Cecil at December 29, 2008 7:18 PM

"I heard that happened when guys were hanged, but never knew it happened when they were shot. Now we've got to dig the grave six,,,, no nine inches deeper."

#7. Posted by: Cecil at December 29, 2008 7:21 PM

"Has anybody ever wondered why, when we're trapped on a deserted island with no source of supplies, we're burying people with their clothes on and large tarps wrapped around them?"

#8. Posted by: Cecil at December 29, 2008 7:23 PM

@Cecil Rose #4 - oops, he leer "" on my keyboard ges suck someimes.. There I fixed it.

#9. Posted by: vacc at December 29, 2008 8:12 PM

Hurley: How come I ALWAYS get picked for burial detail. Dude, I mean, every time someone dies, why do I have to help dig these holes?

Charlie: Because when YOU die Hurley, we'll need everyone that's left to dig a hole big enough.

#10. Posted by: vacc at December 29, 2008 8:18 PM

Charlie: This bloody Island is turning into a sodding cemetery.

Hurley: Yeah dude, there's almost as many plot holes here as an episode of Exposé.

#11. Posted by: vacc at December 29, 2008 8:32 PM

Ethan: (trying... to... blink... trying... to... speak... want... to... say... not... quite... dead... yet... had... on... kevlar... vest... not... hurt... fell... on... medusa... spider... can't... move... do... not... bury...)

The boys are just funnin' around with a little Hee-Haw levity.

Hurley: Gloom -
Charlie: Despair -
Hurley: and Agony -
Charlie: on me -
Hurley: Deep -
Charlie: Dark -
Hurley: Depression -
Charlie: Excessive -
Hurley: Misery -
Charlie: If it -
Hurley: Weren't for -
Charlie: Bad luck
Hurley/Charlie: We'd have no luck at all.
Hurley: Gloom -
Charlie: Despair
Hurley/Charlie: and agony on meeeee!

(grins & chuckles all around)

What they didn't didn't show... Hurley continues his bout of wonderful, fortune building, bad luck. His next shovel stike brings up a geyser. More song - "up through the ground comes'a bubblin' crude... big valley dude, barely likes the Dharma food"...

Ethan continued: (hope... that... michael... guy... doesn't... find... anymore... friends... to... help... him... pee... overboard... on... me...)

#12. Posted by: DocH at December 30, 2008 1:26 PM

Hurley: Uh, so dude ... are you a Hitchcock fan?

Charlie: Robyn? Hell yes!

Hurley: Huh?

Charlie: Nevermind.

Hurley: No, seriously.

Charlie: Alfred then ... absolutely a fan. Psycho, Rear Window, Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest ... all classic stuff.

Hurley: So ... what's the trouble with Harry?

Charlie: Huh?

Hurley: Nevermind.

Charlie [shrugs, then sings softly while digging]: I laughed like I always do, and I cried like I cry for you,
and balloon man, blew up, in my hand.

#13. Posted by: ealgumby at January 8, 2009 6:58 PM

I'm absolutely stunned that nobody wrote this one yet...

With all due respect to Young Frankenstein...

Charlie: "Could be worse...could be raining...

Cue crack of thunder and torrential downpour...

#14. Posted by: ransomjackson at January 10, 2009 9:39 PM

Hurley: Dude, this is so hard. I'm getting quite a work out. I'm not sure I can go all day. Why does it look abnormally long? This island is a freaky place to do this, man. And who knows, he'll probably end up on top of someone!

Charlie: (thinking... --That's what she said.)

Hurley: Dude. Maybe I'm not doing it right. How do you do it Charlie? Is it supposed to be so tiring or is it just because of my size?

Charlie: (trying not to say anything)...

Hurley: (talking about grave) I mean, why is it so big? He's not even that tall. I'm going to wake up tomorrow all sore in you know, my tender spots.

...Dude...Dave used to tell me that junk food is the best medicine and I should just stick it in my mouth and enjoy the moment, because when I'm put in the looney bin, I'll never be able to feel the same kind of pleasure.

Charlie: I can't hold it in any longer.

Charlie: No, not really.

#15. Posted by: ilovebenjaminlinusxx at January 12, 2009 5:43 PM

Hi guys
Can I get some advice on [url=]teeth whitening[/url] kits??

I would be very happy if ya'll could point me towards any help.

#16. Posted by: aspernteatoef at January 18, 2009 8:12 AM

I've been ingesting this new supplement in my routine and I thought I would show everyone my results. I heard about this product through a co-worker and I ended up getting a trial and started seeing results instantly. I couldn't believe I had actually shed 20lbs in 2.5 months simply by including this product. If you're interested they give you a free trial, check it out here: [url=""]Buy Acai berry[/url]

James D.

#17. Posted by: inorriste at January 19, 2009 8:03 AM

Im trying to find some HID headlamps for my roommate's 1992 Chevy and was curious if someone had any advice?

We have located these websites for information but any first hand tips is appreciated.

hid conversion kits