Lost Blog Acronym Guide (LBAG)

Lost Blog conversations get a little cryptic when oft-used phrases are condensed and tossed around willy-nilly. Below you'll find some of the blog's most common acronyms and their associated meanings.

ANTP? - Anyone Notice the Picture? Reference to the picture of Eloise Hawking in "Catch-22."

DRHIS - DavidRH Is Screaming. A reasonable response to comments that repeat the same observation over and over again (see "JWTB," below).

EWTB - Ethan Was the Baby. Reference to the revelation that Claire-kidnapper Ethan Rom is the scion of Horace Goodspeed and his wife, Amy.

GRAA - Great Review As Always. A very nice compliment that's always appreciated.

HPB - Harry Potter Ben. Reference to the young Potterish-looking teenage Ben Linus.

HSR - Hot Scots Replicator. Managed by the Desmond Hume fan club.

JWTB - Jughead Was The Bomb. From a famous oversight by reviewer Cecil Rose.

MIF - Meg Is First. A tongue-in-cheek response to those enthusiastic (and irrelevant) "First!" comments that sometimes appear when a new review is posted.

RNM - Short for Red ... Neck ... Man, a Lost Blog regular. The moniker is from Hurley's not-so-fast comeback to Sawyer in "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead"

RNMIL - Red...Neck...Man Is Last. An official honor bestowed upon Red ... Neck ... Man.

TPTB - The Powers that Be. Specifically, this refers to "Lost" executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. It can also apply more broadly to the "Lost" writers and producers.

TWI - Typing While Intoxicated.

WGNABB - We're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat. Slight misquote from "Jaws."

Did we miss one? Comment below or send an email to Mac.

Thanks to Cecil Rose for getting this list going!

I wish I was Meg so I could be first...

Great to see this...nice job Cecil & Mac.

How about IIWY? (Is It Wednesday Yet?)

#1. Posted by: ransomjackson at April 1, 2009 8:37 AM

Thanks sooooo much. I am sure that I am not alone in wondering.....What?
p.s. HYBWAGO!

#2. Posted by: berkyo at April 1, 2009 10:02 AM

LOL! That's great! Glad to see that I'm in the mix. There are a few others:

EMT - Exploding Mango Tree (Jack: We're gonna blow them all to hell!)

#3. Posted by: Red...Neck...Man at April 1, 2009 10:28 AM

T Was The Variable That Was?? Can't remember it all.

#4. Posted by: Rudy at April 1, 2009 10:32 AM

Thanks Mac & Cecil—You got most of the ones from "He's Our You." Here are some others:

ILBLXX: ilovebenjaminlinusxx
NBC: Nose Bleed Country
HGI: Henry Gale Impersonator (aka Ben)
MOTB: Man on the Boat (aka Michael)
IGTNABB: I'm Going to Need a Bigger Brain
CFC/CFW: Crazy French Chick/Woman (aka Danielle)
DMIB: Drunk Meg Is Back

These aren't acronyms, but maybe we should call this LBAGG (LOST Blog Acronym Guide & Glossary)? Wait, we have a new acronym...

Blogal warming
Steam of consciousness
Panda Punctuation Police
M-O-O-N spells... (insert preferred word)
Choco-hats (& where's JoePike these days?)
Corduroy Ben (& his Bendaroos)

Not an Other uses NOIS as part of his/her sign-off, but I'm not sure what it's an acronym for...

#5. Posted by: Alaïs_Longthought at April 1, 2009 11:41 AM

Polling the Polity:

Should we include acronyns that didn't originate on the blog but permeate "Lost" -(the writers are fond of them)?

Ethan Rom = Other man
Hoffs/Drawler = Flash Forward
Canton/Rainier = Reincarnation
Gary Troup = Purgatory

#6. Posted by: Cecil Rose at April 1, 2009 11:46 AM

Wow. I'm honored. I not only get second billing on the LIST but thanks for the redirection to the "Award Page" . . It's good to get a another look at DarrellAnn.

(He's been in hiding for so long . . )

#7. Posted by: davidrh at April 1, 2009 11:58 AM

Hate to pick a nit, but...

Might wanna take a look at TPTB...there might be a typo...kinda looks like TBTB to me.

Must be lack of sleep.

"Now I know why tigers eat their young..." - R. Dangerfield

#8. Posted by: ransomjackson at April 1, 2009 12:25 PM

@ransomjackson - Thanks for the catch. If you think my sleep-deprivation errors are bad today, just wait for the review ;)

#9. Posted by: mac at April 1, 2009 12:29 PM

I thought ANTP was the episode that Miles was introduced, and how the lady's pictures on the wall changed from whem Miles went upstairs, to when he came back downstairs.

#10. Posted by: Rudy at April 1, 2009 12:58 PM

Not only IIWY? as ransom suggested, but TGIW.

And, oh, BTW, T...G...I...W...all of this stress over the confinker virus can only be cured by a good dose of Lost, Kate-centric epi or not.

#11. Posted by: lost2theworld at April 1, 2009 2:33 PM

FDW - Frozen Donkey Wheel or Frozen Dharma Waffles (MorBid0)

#12. Posted by: Scooby-Dude at April 1, 2009 4:23 PM

@10 Rudy:

There was a lot of comment about the moving pictures on the stairwell in the house Miles 'exorcised', but the original ANTP referred to the picture on the desk of the abbott in the monastery where Desmond was in training.

Fan after fan wrote in to say that Mrs Hawking's picture was on the desk (it was) leading us to wonder what the connection was. One of the "Lost" mysteries that I doubt will ever be explained.

And the moving pictures on the stairwell is another.

#13. Posted by: Cecil at April 1, 2009 5:58 PM

ROTFLMAO! Thanks for bringing a smile to the end of a boring but busy day.

BTW, mac, I first saw that acronym at the top of my post in one of your early season recaps. Your influence is ever shaping me...

#14. Posted by: BELost at April 1, 2009 5:59 PM

I love acronyms! (ILA) Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I shall take partial credit for naming the exploding mango tree and the Hot Scots Replicator, (although RNM, Alais and lovelost introduced their acronyms).

And I shall take full credit for first use of TGIAW (Thank God It's Almost Wednesday) or as CR (Cecil Rose) guessed, Thank God I'm A Woman!

I miss JoePike and his edible Choco-hat.

And don't forget our last foray into acronymia:

tinyurl.com/dcxbys

I think that may have been the inception (conception?) of MIF.

And another one I liked by Alais:

BEEB = Bug-EyEd Ben

And last but not least (LBNL), what about our long lost friend with the partially acronymized blog handle:

bcre8ve - come back to us!!

TGIW

#15. Posted by: Clementine at April 1, 2009 6:46 PM

Naow, I din't mean an acronytm, above (#6).

Now, 'ere, wot's that other thing. A palindrome.

But a palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob. It don't work.

Awrite, awrite. Wot's that other thing - a anagram. That's it, a anagram. Would yawl like to see "Lost" anagrams 'ere as well?

#16. Posted by: Cecil at April 1, 2009 7:49 PM

And here I thought LBAG stood for Lesbians, Bisexuals and Gays...

#17. Posted by: FenwayBen at April 1, 2009 10:48 PM

WH2B8E???

What happened to bcre8ve???

#18. Posted by: ilovebenjaminlinusxx at April 1, 2009 11:03 PM

Thanks, Clementine! I had totally forgotten about BEEB. Ben sure gets a lot of alternate names...

I read through the list from nearly two years ago & was struck by the fact that we were asking WHTRAB (What Happened to Rose and Bernard) then too.

My favorite acronym from that list, though, has to be WLGBUN! : )

#19. Posted by: Alaïs_Longthought at April 1, 2009 11:46 PM

RA = Richard Alpert

#20. Posted by: lost2theworld at April 2, 2009 11:06 AM

FDW-definitely need frozen donkey wheel

#21. Posted by: CC_Boston at April 2, 2009 12:40 PM

Everyone at Delicious Monster has been hard at work for the past several months on Delicious Library 1.5, a free upgrade that will be made available on April 29th
delicious

#22. Posted by: Spearriax at April 2, 2009 5:46 PM

A couple more:

D&C = Damon and Carlton
BD = Blast Door
BDM = Blast Door Map
DI = Dharma Initiative

and of course,

DMSA = Delicious Monster Spamming A-holes

which then of course brings to mind GFY ...

#23. Posted by: ealgumby at April 2, 2009 9:06 PM

Hello !Oh hubba hubba! Forget the sportscar, been there, done that, got the T shirt, wore it out, gave it to goodwill.

#24. Posted by: Spearriax at April 3, 2009 12:55 PM

What about JLS - Jacob's Love Shack?

#25. Posted by: Lostie_Girl at April 7, 2009 4:49 PM