What will become of the Lost Blog?

There's been an ongoing discussion over on the "goodness and niceness" post (not my best headline, I know) about how we can keep the Lost Blog community going once the finale fades.

Toward that end, I went ahead and created a Facebook Group. It's open and accessible and available to anyone who's inclined to join.

And less you think all the GRAAs have gone to my head, the name "Mac's Flocke" came from commenter surefoot.

So swing on by the group and make of it what you will.

Facebook? But what about us non-douches that don't use it?

#1. Posted by: ALEX_ANGEL at May 14, 2010 1:46 PM

Become a douche and use it just for this new group!

#2. Posted by: JoePike at May 14, 2010 3:27 PM

haha!

#3. Posted by: ilovebenjaminlinusxx at May 16, 2010 6:52 PM

Alas, will not be able to visit. :(

Firstly, I'm in the middle of a lengthy Facebook sabbatical. Secondly, accessing the FB group with my real identity would compromise my anonymity, which is something that I cherish. So - end of the line for me when the show wraps up. Good luck though...

#4. Posted by: shikotee at May 17, 2010 5:36 PM

Mac:

A very sincere thanks to you for all your past LOST summaries and posts. You have certainly been most helpful to me and I'm sure many, many others.

Thanks so much, and the best of luck to you in the future...

#5. Posted by: Teddy Souter at May 18, 2010 2:05 PM

Mac, any chance you will compile all 6 seasons of reviews and blog posts into a book, in hard copy or electronic format? I will be a happy paying customer. I know you are busy, just a thought. If not, I'll download and save them all anyway, been meaning to do that for awhile. It would just be cool to have a real book to keep as a souvenir. I only found your blog in season 4 but I have loved it ever so much. Thanks to the whole community. Best Wishes to You All Everybody!

#6. Posted by: rainlover57 at May 18, 2010 6:17 PM

Thanks Mac for the great reviews. Your weekly recap greatly enrichified my LOST experience and was as anticipated as the episodes themselves.

#7. Posted by: NotLost at May 18, 2010 7:21 PM

Mac, another epic series comes to an end. Your writing always made TXF and Lost that much more enjoyable.

Thanks again. Looking forward to the next show that is worthy of your witty pen. errr keyboard

#8. Posted by: Walker at May 18, 2010 10:21 PM

for anyone who just watched that episodes any ideas of if kate will stay on the island with jack while he is there fufilling out his life of protecting the island... and what will happen to Sun&Jin's baby? Im most excited to see what happens off the island any ideas? I've been reading some interesting ideas on http://www.thejonnyfilm.com/ and love his ideas.

#9. Posted by: WhereisVincent? at May 18, 2010 10:42 PM

WiV: Dude, why would you do that? Spoiler, and in the wrong thread.

#10. Posted by: LockeBox at May 18, 2010 11:21 PM

this has always been the first place i check after the episodes. thanks for a great ride mac.

#11. Posted by: nk at May 18, 2010 11:35 PM

@#6 rainlover57: "Best Wishes to You All Everybody!"

Love it..it made me sing...I miss Charlie!

I,also, would love to see a compilation of the reviews/comments for the entire series!!

#12. Posted by: bridge at May 19, 2010 12:00 AM

me @6... just finished watching tonight's epi and reading Mac's GRAA. I'm thinking how much this show has meant to all of us and how exciting and also sad that this is all coming to an end. LOST has finally surpassed the original Star Trek as my favorite series ever. Star Trek had the magnificent story telling of Gene Roddenberry, great casting and acting. Each episode taught us something about human nature and how to treat each other, each episode had a moral to the story, and the relationships between the characters were so compelling. And now we have that again with LOST and it's about to come to an end. My husband and I watched the LOST premiere together on 22-Sep-04 and never missed an epi since. We have every season on DVD and pre-ordered all 6 on Blu-Ray. We are obsessed! But none of our friends or family watched the show. I have 2 friends at work who watch, and that's it. Then, in season 4, after checking out some other LOST blogs, I found Mac's Flocke. Finally, I had friends to get my LOST fix with, friends with great intellect and great interest in this amazing story Darlton gifted us with. So now it ends, and life goes on, it's just TV for gosh sakes. But I will miss it so... and I will miss all of you. Mac, I know 6 seasons of reviews with up to 500+ posts each week (like Ab Aeterno!) is too much to ever put in a book, it would be more like an encyclopedia, so I'll just say thanks for the ride, thanks for the great moments in time... thanks to you and to all the members of this Blog. Parting is such sweet sorrow... (I don't do Facebook, but maybe, just maybe...) Mac, again, THANKS, I loved every word you wrote and found your insights fascinating.

#13. Posted by: rainlover57 at May 19, 2010 1:41 AM

EPIC Fail on so many levels. After giving us theology, sci-fi, pop-culture, philosophy, psychology, and making us debate and theorize after every episode, why did you give us this? I feel cheated, empty, led on, and completely let down. I am shocked that there are die hard lost fans that have stuck with it from day 1 that feel tonight's culmination of everything we poured our hearts and souls in to for so long, was in any way great, or resolved, or even interesting??????? I mean, it was a mind f.....k. Really. I for one am completely let down, really bummed and honestly shocked at this ending.

#14. Posted by: mia at May 24, 2010 6:07 AM